Q Acoustics 3050i Main Speakers – Were $1599pr
The Q 3050i speakers have been created using design principles taken from the critically acclaimed Concept 500 Series, resulting in stunning sonic performance and beautiful aesthetics.
Online & Store
The 3000i Series is an evolution of the 3000 Series, which has undergone a number of innovative improvements intended to bring about significant enhancements in both sonic performance and aesthetics from the already established and highly awarded range. The 3000i Series forms the core Hi-Fi loudspeaker offering from Q Acoustics. Coming from a fusion of both evolutionary and revolutionary thinking, the 3000i Series benefits from state-of-the-art speaker technology, as well as improvements to the cabinet construction. Every 3000i Series model is an outstanding, genuine Hi-Fi loudspeaker with models that can also be combined to deliver a fantastic home cinema sound. Beautiful to behold and available in three attractive finishes. The perfect soundstage for movies and music, at an impressive price point that will deliver a pure and uncoloured sound that will please even the most discerning audiophile.
The Ultimate Stereo Image
The purpose of an exceptional Hi-Fi system is quite simply to provide a musical experience in the home, which comes as close as possible to the real thing. The 3000i Series boasts a range of features that enable exactly that. Every detail from the cabinet enclosure to the drivers, to the pioneering ‘Concept’ technology has been commissioned to this range. The emphasis on advanced cabinet design principles that preserve the subtle sonic clues which enable the ear to perceive a solid 3D soundstage is evident. Careful component matching and exhaustive listening tests have meant that the partnering electronics will do nothing to detract from the sheer enjoyment garnered by the sense of intimacy in the performance.
Beautiful Inside & Out
The 3000i Series speakers are available in three finishes; English Walnut, Carbon Black or Arctic White. All are finished with an attractive chrome-finish bezel around each driver and feature magnetic speaker grilles, ensuring there is a finish perfect for your chosen listening room.
Leading Technology, Pioneering Innovation
At the heart of the 3000i Series is a wealth of technology to ensure these are a true step up from an already highly awarded series. P2P™ bracing has been introduced to help keep the enclosure extra quiet, HPE™ to eliminate sympathetic resonance, equalising air pressure within the cabinet and a 22mm High Frequency Driver with a micro-fibre soft dome with wide surround which helps to create a wide, even dispersion of stereo. Just a few of the many technologies employed to elevate the 3000i Series.
Q Acoustics P2P™ (Point to Point) bracing across the 3000i series supports the parts of the enclosure that need to be stiffened making the new enclosures exceptionally rigid, improving the focus of the stereo image and giving the soundstage more accuracy than ever before.
HPE™ (Helmholtz Pressure Equaliser) technology designed to convert pressure to velocity and reduce the overall pressure gradient within the speaker enclosure, has been applied to the Q 3050i floorstanding speakers to reduce cabinet resonance. This technology is perfect for taller loudspeakers that tend to resonate at a single favoured frequency.
High-Frequency Driver Unit
3000i Series tweeters are decoupled from the baffle via a compliant suspension system. Vibrations from the woofer, which can impair the performance of the tweeter are isolated allowing the tweeter to perform with dramatically reduced interference.
Whichever 3000i model you choose the cone is precision formed from impregnated and coated paper and teamed with a newly developed, low-hysteresis, rubber surround. The coated paper cone provides the optimum balance between stiffness and self- damping which means it can accelerate without flexing and stop very accurately without unwanted resonances.
Q Acoustics 3050i
The all new, Q 3050i floorstanding speaker has been created using design principles taken from our critically acclaimed Concept 500 Series, resulting in stunning sonic performance and beautiful aesthetics.
LEADING TECHNOLOGY; OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE
The Q 3050i speakers boast a range of unique technologies including HPE™ and P2P™ to ensure these floorstanding speakers deliver a truly exceptional sound. HPE™ (Helmholtz Pressure Equalizer) technology designed to convert pressure to velocity and reduce the overall pressure gradient within the speaker enclosure, has been applied to the Q 3050i to reduce cabinet resonance. This technology is perfect for taller loudspeakers that tend to resonate at a single favoured frequency. Q Acoustics P2P™ bracing across the 3000i Series supports the parts of the enclosure that need to be stiffened making the enclosures exceptionally rigid, improving the focus of the stereo image and giving the soundstage more accuracy than in previous ranges.
HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER UNIT FOR AN UNALTERED SOUND
Q Acoustics 3050i Overview
- The internal structure of the Q 3050i has been designed to incorporate what we have learned about minimising organ piping using Helmholtz Pressure Equalisation (HPE™). This greatly improves the linearity of the bass performance and the cabinet uses Point-to-Point (P2P™) bracing techniques to reduce intrusive cabinet vibrations both coming from our experience with Concept Series.
- Foam bungs are provided for the rear-facing ports to help with less than ideal room positioning. The level of bass can be reduced to compensate, but definition and bass extension are increased.
- Conventional terminal panel cut-outs have been removed, giving greatly improved structural integrity to the enclosures and new low profile binding posts have been incorporated with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm ( 0.16 in) Banana Plugs (We always recommend QED Speaker Cables).
Q Acoustics 3050i Key Features
- Striking floorstanding Speakers with twin 165mm and 22mm precision drivers
- The Q 3050i cabinet uses Point-to-Point (P2PTM) bracing techniques to reduce intrusive cabinet vibrations for a purer sound
- HPE™ technology eliminates sympathetic resonance within the enclosures by equalising air pressure within the 3050i cabinet
- Conventional terminal panel cut-outs have been removed, giving greatly improved structural integrity to the enclosures and new low profile binding posts
- Uses a 22mm decoupled High Frequency Driver with wide surround creating a wide even dispersion of stereo
Q Acoustics 3050i Specifications
- Enclosure type: 2-way reflex
- Bass Unit: 2 x 165 mm ( 6.5 in)
- Treble Unit: 22 mm (0.9 in)
- Frequency Response (+3 dB, -6 dB): 44 Hz – 30 kHz
- Average Impedance: 6 Ohm
- Minimum Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity (2.83 V@1 m): 91 dB
- Stereo Amplifier: 25 – 180 W
- AV Receiver (2 ch. driven): 50 – 165 W
- Internal Amplifier Power: –
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5 Hz (var)
- Effective Volume: 32.4 L (1977 cu in)
- Dimensions W/H/D mm: 310 x 1020 x 310 mm (12.2 x 40.2 x 12.2 in) (inc. grille, terminals and feet)
- Enclosure width: 200mm (7.9 in)
- Weight (per speaker): 17.8 kg (39.2 lbs)
What’s in the box?
- 2 x 3050i Floorstanding speakers
- 2 x Foam Bungs
- 2 x Speaker Stabilisers
- 2 x Speaker Grilles
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Handling Gloves.
- 8 x Speaker Spikes
- 4 x Fixing Screws
Arctic White, Carbon (Black), English Walnut, Graphite Grey
75 Hz – 30 kHz (+3 dB, -6 dB)
22mm (0.9″) Soft Dome Tweeter
2 x 4″ Aramid Fibre Cone Drivers
Q Acoustics 3050i