The CDE-205DAB is an affordable single-DIN DAB+ digital radio that steps up your sound to Alpine quality and offers many connectivity features to keep you entertained on the road.
The CDE-205DAB is designed to be the focal point of any dash, delivering Alpine’s legendary sound quality as well as a plethora of features. The built-in DAB+ Digital Radio tuner employs cutting-edge digital technology to deliver radio reception with exceptional, noise-free sound quality. Connect your iPhone or iPod to enjoy all your stored audio content and Apple Music, stream Spotify or internet radio via Bluetooth audio technology, or simply connect a USB stick – there are many connectivity solutions possible with this Alpine head unit. The included microphone allows clear phone conversations with the built-in Bluetooth hands-free function. You can even adjust the button and display illumination colour separately in the full RGB spectrum, to match your preference and dashboard.
- Built-in DAB+ Digital Radio: The built-in DAB+ tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB+ also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations
- Make Calls: The CDE-205DAB has a high-quality Bluetooth module built-in, allowing you to make phone calls in a save and legal way while your drive. A separate microphone is included in the box.
- Made for iPhone: You can connect your iPhone or iPod via USB cable (not included) to enjoy the stored audio content or Apple Music (requires subscription to Apple Music and internet connection) in your car. Simply select songs, albums or playlists on your iPhone/iPod or directly through your Alpine head unit while you drive. Compatible with all iPhone and iPod models of the last years, including the new iPhone X and iPhone 8 models.
- Connect Your Android Phone: If you have an Android based phone or tablet, you can connect it via USB (cable not included) to your Alpine head unit to enjoy the audio content through your car speakers. You can select songs on your phone/ tablet or using the rotary encoder of your head unit. This feature is available for all Alpine head units with Android Open Accessory 2.0 (including CDE-205DAB).
- Stream Internet Radio: There are many internet radio apps available for your smartphone. Simply start your internet radio app on the phone and connect it via Bluetooth or the AUX input connector on your Alpine head unit (requires optional AUX cable).
- Enjoy Spotify Streaming: Spotify is a great way to discover new music and enjoy all your favourite songs and playlists. Why not use it on the road? Start your playlist, genre list or album on your phone before you start driving and stream it wireless via Bluetooth to your Alpine head unit and enjoy the music through your car’s sound system.
- Connect USB Sticks: The front USB port of the CDE-205DAB is ready for USB sticks and USB hard drives with up to 1000mA power supply requirements. Bring your music along on your USB stick and enjoy MP3, AAC, WMA and FLAC files with convenient search functions.
- Playback FLAC Files: FLAC high quality audio compression is becoming more and more popular, as it provides a much better sound quality compared to regular MP3 files. This Alpine product can playback FLAC files stored on USB media devices.
- Tune Your Sound: Adjust the sound of your Alpine head unit to your personal preference, using Bass Engine SQ to get awesome bass output, as well as the EQ functions (10 Pre-Sets or 3 band Parametric EQ. Connect external amplifiers to the 3 PreOuts (2 Volts) or simply enjoy a direct speaker connection with the built-in 4 x 50 Watts high quality amplifier.
- Set Your Colour Scheme: You can fully adjust the illumination colour of your CDE-205DAB’s buttons and display within the full RGB spectrum to match your dashboard illumination colour or your personal preference.
- DAB Antenna separately available: We recommend the separately available active DAB screen antenna KAE-242DA for use with this product
- Optional Remote Control: The new Alpine Head Units work seamlessly with the optional Alpine wireless remote control RUE-4202.
- Made for iPhone: It’s simply the best way to control your iPhone in the car – enjoy seamless operation of your iPhone in addition to full control of all your favourite media sources.
- 3 Preouts: The three sets of RCA PreOut lets you build a full-fledged sound system to add multiple amplifiers, speakers and subwoofers for a truly remarkable premium sound system. The subwoofer control allows you to adjust the bass level intensity to exactly how you like it.
- 50 Watts x 4 Built-in Amplifier: This high quality head unit delivers exceptional clean sound from its built-in high-power 50 Watts x 4 amplifier. Perfectly matched to Alpine speakers, you will enjoy brilliant sound quality.
- Bass EQ: Bass EQ provides a boost at 40Hz to increase the impact of sound from the subwoofer.
- Bluetooth: Get bluetooth in your car for full operation of a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone from the head unit. A convenient and safe way to use mobile phones while driving.
- DAB+ built-in: DAB+ is a major upgrade to the DAB standard, providing great quality audio as well as text content display including station title information, artist and song titles.
- Detachable Face: Features a detachable face as an anti-theft precaution. With the push of the eject button (and then by pressing the ‘Remove Screen’ button on the Navi products), the screen is easily removed for extra security. When you’re back in the car, click the face back in and you’re ready to go. Also included is a carry bag or case for added display protection and peace of mind.
- FLAC High Resolution Music Playback: FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) is a lossless compression format. Digital audio compressed by FLAC’s algorithm can typically be reduced to 50-60% of its original size and decompressed to an identical copy of the original audio data without any data loss, allowing for superior sound quality.
- Front Auxiliary: Alpine’s Front Auxiliary Input feature allows you to make a simple connection to your portable player to playback through the 3.5mm Auxiliary Jack on the front.
- Front USB Connection: The Front USB connection provides playback of MP3/WMA/AAC music files stored on a USB memory devices.Folders and songs from USB memory are automatically put in alphabetical order.
- Variable RGB Illumination: Alpine’s Variable RGB Illumination (152,561 colours!) allows you to adjust the LCD display and key backlighting colours independently. This provides two colour contrasting configurations and precision adjustment for near perfect illumination matching of your vehicle.
- MediaXpander: MediaXpander (MX) is Alpine’s exclusive technology that restores sound quality lost in music file compression or original recording process.
- WMA / MP3 / AAC: Play your compressed music files. When you purchase music from the Internet and burn it onto CDs, you naturally want to play it in your car. Select Alpine head units are fully compatible and are ready to handle all your compressed music files: AAC, MP3 and WMA. Plus, with Alpine’s Built-in high power amps and Alpine speakers, they’ll sound better than ever.
- Remote Control Ready: With the optional infrared (IR) remote control, enjoy the convenience of effortlessly commanding basic functions of the Alpine head unit wirelessly.
- Steering Wheel Remote Ready: Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready. Replace the factory-installed head unit without loss of this convenient option. Alpine head units that are steering wheel remote control ready allow you to control your head unit right from your factory installed steering wheel controls using an Alpine Steering Wheel adapter. Ask your Alpine Dealer for the solution to suit your vehicle.
- Sub Woofer Level: Ability to control the Sub Woofer Levels.
- USB Cable Included: A USB extension cable is included to route the connector to a convenient location such as the glove box or centre console.
- USB for iPod or iPhone and MP3/WMA/AAC: The USB connection provides seamless access and playback of your audio content stored on your iPod® or iPhone®. It also lets you enjoy the convenient playback of MP3/WMA/AAC audio files stored on USB media devices such as memory sticks and portable hard disc drives. What’s more, Alpine’s quick search function provides easy file and folder search, as well as alphabetical ordering and DRM10 (Digital Rights Management)* compatibility.