The Aurender A20 Reference Caching Music Streamer | Preamplifier | DAC | Headphone Amplifier is the latest addition to Aurender’s range of analog output music players. The A20, shares the same basic circuitry topologies, DAC chipset and form factor as the flagship A30. However, it dispenses with the CD ripping functionality, metadata editing software and the headphone connection provided is a single standard ¼” jack. By being scaled back, the A20 will appeal to the digital music lover whose library is already digitsed and wants a full-fledged, high-performance server, streamer, preamplifier, DAC and headphone amplifier.
- Integrated Dual-Mono Full Decoder MQA DAC with Fully Discrete Linear Power Supplies. Aurender engineered 768KHz/32bit dual-mono DAC designed around next generation flagship AKM 4497 DAC chipset with dual-mono linear power supplies delivers reference-class fidelity.
- Balanced (XLR) / Unbalanced (RCA) Audio Outputs. Both balanced and unbalanced outputs are provided for interface to a preamplifier or power amplifier. When A20 is connected directly to a power amplifier the analog output is adjustable to best match the sensitivity of the amplifier used.
- Flexible Volume Adjustment. When A20 is used as a preamplifier, volume can be adjusted from three locations; the front panel rotary control, phone or tablet app and supplied IR remote control. When used with a preamplifier the variable output can be set to fixed direct output in settings.
- High-Performance Headphone Amplifier. Incorporated within the topology of the A20 is a high-quality headphone amplifier suitable for use with the finest headphones. A single ¼” jack is provided on the front panel for easy access.
- FPGA-Based Precision Clock with World-Class Jitter Reduction. Precision clock generation system incorporates Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) with sub 100fs jitter-reducing clock generator precisely times digital audio data transmissions and minimises jitter to below negligible levels.
- Linear Power Supply for Ultra-Low Noise Floor with Integrated UPS. A full-linear power supply and extensive shielding prevent noise from being delivered to sensitive DACs for the best sound reproduction. Four discrete toroidal transformers power the server system, digital output and dual DACs respectively. This power supply comes with a “super capacitor-based” uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for stabilising the A20 under an abrupt power outage condition.
- The Aurender Conductor App Packed with Convenient Features for Full-Function Control. The App turns the iPad, iPhone, Android phone or tablet into a versatile user interface for all Aurender Music Server/Players. All settings and functions of the Aurender can be easily accessed through the Settings menu, and Aurender Conductor comes with extensive features to make managing, viewing and playing high resolution music collections a breeze.
- Adaptive Storage. Two trays accept the hard drives (user installed) of your choice HDD or SSD and of the capacity you wish.
- SSD Caching. When A20 is fitted with a storage hard drive or hard drives of the user’s choice, playback is handled via the unique to Aurender, caching system. While music files are stored on the user installed drives, playback always occurs from a solid-state drive (SSD). This method allows for the storage drives to only be concerned with loading content onto the SSD for playback. The result is that these drives experience a short duty cycle of operation before going idle contributing to their long- term reliability.
- Support for All High-Resolution Formats. All major codecs supported. PCM up to 786kHz/32-bit. DSD up to 256 DoP. Native DSD up to 512.
- Upsampling. The A20 is capable of upsampling non-DSD files to 705.6/768kHz to the analog outputs. You can also choose PCM audio to reach the DAC without alteration and allow the DAC to perform its own upsampling.
- User Adjustable Analog and Digital Filters. The parameters of the digital and analog filters are able to be adjusted by the user for precisely fine tuning the sound to best compliment the audio system the A20 is used in. There is a factory default filter setting which can be selected. MQA content requires a filter setting that cannot be changed as it is a fixed for the MQA decoding process.
- Critical Listening Mode. For best audio performance, circuitry related to panel illumination and other background function can be defeated. This mode conserves system resources for the best possible sound quality.
- 2X Isolated LAN Port. A20 features a 2X isolated LAN port in which to connect directly to your router. This LAN port will isolate the A20 from any noise introduced by the LAN/Router connection.
- Digital Connectivity. Four digital inputs are provided: one RCA Coax, one BNC Coax and two Optical. These inputs allow for the interface of additional digital sources such as a CD transport, DVD player, television etc. Any device connected this way will now be able to take full advantage of the superior sound quality of the DAC within the A20.
- USB Connectivity. A20 features two USB 3.0 ports either for super-fast copying from a USB storage device.
- Remote Internet Technical Support. A Remote Support request can be sent through the Aurender App which allows engineers to quickly diagnose and correct issues over the internet.