- High power, efficient woofer magnets deliver deep bass without putting stress on your amp.
- Custom-designed bass driver with treated paper cone for a smooth and even frequency response.
- Silk dome tweeter combines a soft, smooth sound with high levels of detail.
- Dedicated foam damper behind the tweeter reduces reflections and increases sound stage depth for a truly spacious, room-filling experience where you can pick out every instrument.
- Precisely optimised crossovers give the smoothest and most linear response.
- Rigid MDF cabinet modelled using CAD so that the speaker dimensions minimise standing waves, for a more precise bass response.
Great speakers begin with the cabinet. SX Series speakers use cabinets that make extensive use of CAD (Computer-Aided Design) to fully understand where they need to be braced and strengthened. Why? So that every millimetre of movement from the drivers is directed towards the listener as sound and not wasted as cabinet vibration.
The stunning sound quality also comes in a surprisingly small package, making these compact speakers ideal where space is an issue, particularly in smaller rooms or when used as satellite speakers in a serious surround system.
The SX-50 is designed to sound truly stunning, at a price that is unrivalled. Cambridge Audio focuses on delivering pure audio quality, rather than adding over complex or unneeded features. We pay close attention to the components that truly add to the speaker’s performance to ensure your audio experience is precise and powerful!
SX Series speakers all feature clean, understated looks that allow them to sit in a variety of spaces and work in all of them. Whether you want a discrete pair of bookshelf speakers or a compromise-free 7.1 AV system for home cinema use, the SX series has the options to suit in a style that enthuses.
Many Drivers, One Voice
Great care and attention have gone into the design of the crossovers in SX Series. As they are entirely responsible for ensuring that each driver receives the correct frequency, we have worked hard to deliver this requirement as efficiently as possible. Timing and stereo imaging are accurate because the phase remains completely linear from top to bottom.