EpicX (prev Epic/Epic Twin) has been part of Chord speaker cable range for many years – it’s a shielded cable that works with pretty much every style of speaker. From mid-price to high end, EpicX brings detail, dynamics, resolution and coherence to every speaker it’s used with. It’s particularly good at bringing control and definition across the bass frequencies and is the ideal cable solution for floor-standing speakers.
EpicX is based on the multi-award-winning Chord OdysseyX speaker cable. Both cables use 12 AWG oxygen free copper negative and positive conductors, silver-plated and insulated with XLPE before an outer PVC jacket is applied. The key difference (and performance leap) is due to the effective high frequency combination shield and translucent PVC jacket that is added to EpicX.
▪ 2x 12 AWG 19 strand silver-plated oxygen free copper conductors in twisted pair configuration
▪ New XLPE conductor insulation; PVC internal surround
▪ Dual layer, high density braid & overlapped foil shield
▪ Outer diameter: 11 mm
▪ Terminated cable uses new silver Ohmic banana plugs
▪ Spade connectors available to special order