The Hybrid Audio L1V2 Tweeter Set is a compact, high-resolution 20mm (3/4-inch) dome-type tweeter which has a very good, extended linear response and exceptional transient response, and can be used for the reproduction of treble frequencies in dedicated two-, three-, and four-way front stage systems.
The L1V2 starts with an impregnated fine silk cloth dome diaphragm for a linear tonal character, with a treated silk surround to damp edge modes and resonances. The Hybrid Audio L1V2 Tweeter Set is efficient, exhibits low distortion, and has a wide dispersion. The dome is of extremely low mass and is much less susceptible to mechanical deformation than other designs, and yet yields a smooth response over the extent of its range. Motor The motor assembly of the L1V2 is conventional dynamic, with a φ19.5 × 3 H NdFeB neodymium magnet to ensure a small footprint size and shallow depth. The L1V2 tweeter has a resonance frequency of 1,830 Hz, providing a considerable amount of flexibility for use with Legatia wide band width midbass drivers in point-source two-way front stage systems, as well as continuing to be the tweeter of choice of point-source Hybrid Audio Technologies three-way and four-way front stage kits.
- Quintessential small-diameter car audio tweeter that is very easy to install.
- Boasts a small diameter soft-dome silk diaphragm and resonance frequency that is complementary to all types of front-stage system architecture.
- The L1V2 can be listened to for hours without listener’s fatigue, while having an industry-standard polar response.
- The design offers a wide dispersion pattern for flexible mounting locations and easy installation.
- The phase linearity of the design ensures phase coherent imaging and staging cues in the car audiophile system.
- Tweeters were meant to play treble, and this does it effortlessly, in a package that fits easily in the palm of your hand.
- The power handling was doubled from the original L1 tweeter, and the L1V2 has a nominal resistance of 4 ohms.
- Grille As mentioned previously, the dome is a fine silk diaphragm that has an acoustically transparent, perforated steel grille to protect it.
- A major upgrade over the original L1 is a fully-machined aluminium body and mounting flange to effectively damp dome and edge modes, reduce dome resonance, and edge distortion.
- The mounting flange accommodates three screws for surface-mounted installation; black anodised Alan-head screws are included with each tweeter kit.
- Terminals Cap and Spring-Loaded Terminals Another upgrade over the original L1 tweeter is the inclusion of an extruded polypropylene cap with integrated high-end nickel-plated spring-loaded push terminals at the rear of the tweeter’s motor assembly.
- The spring-loaded terminals give the end-user flexibility in direct connection with largegauge tinned wiring, without the need for crimp terminals.
- The overall dimensions of the driver are very amenable for use in the car audio environment, boasting a depth of just 20mm, for the ultimate in mounting flexibility.