IsoTek offers a range of class leading power cables to accompany its range of advanced power conditioners and sine wave generators. Borne from an ethos of only using the finest grade components and materials the new EVO3 power cables offer unrivalled performance and every level. All cables feature high purity copper which is then silver plated. Insulation or dielectric is of the highest grade FEP Teflon. Each cable, from the now multi-award winning Premier features solid copper 24ct gold termination. The Optimum is the fourth of IsoTek’s high-performance power cables to be upgraded to the new advanced EVO3 (Evolution 3) version, and is clearly positioned at the top of the range. The new EVO3 Optimum delivers radical advances over its predecessor, the earlier GII version. Cutting-edge thinking in terms of conductor geometries has been combined with excellent materials to develop a cable of superlative quality.
At the Optimum’s core are three silver plated copper conductors made from Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) copper. The OCC process for refining copper, developed and patented by Professor Ohno of Japan’s Chiba Institute of Technology, gives a vastly superior level of purity compared with traditional OFC copper. The benefits for audio and AV applications include outstanding electrical conductivity along with improved flexibility and resistance to fatigue and corrosion. Each of the three 3.0sqmm conductors features a new and innovative square-shaped configuration of 40 strands, each strand also being of square cross-section. This unique design provides an enlarged inter-strand contact surface, further enhancing electrical conductivity. A high quality Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) is extruded over each conductor, providing a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. The three conductors are given a slight rotational twist to aid RFI and EMI rejection, and are then surrounded by a cotton filler which, as well is adding internal strength and reducing microphony, also possesses superb dielectric properties – similar to FEP. The whole construction is then double shielded by first enclosing it in a Mylar wrap to provide an additional dielectric buffer, before applying an active OFC copper shield for maximum rejection of high frequency interference. A durable, heat-resistant PVC outer jacket gives a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.
- Unique silver plated OCC (Ohno Continious Cast) copper square strands form three 3sqmm conductors that offer an unparalleled level of copper purity. These are set in a parallel construction with slight rotational twist.
- Mylar foil wrap and earthed OFC shield offer the maximum RFI rejection.
- Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) offers chemically inert and very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range.
- Cotton filler gives internal strength and reduces microphony.
- 12.5mm diameter PVC outer jacket gives a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.
- Optimum cable is terminated using IsoTek’s bespoke Audiophile grade connectors of solid OFC with 24ct gold plated conductors. These offer the highest quality performance and are less prone to tarnish.
- 25A rated and available in UK, EU, US, AU versions with C7, C15, C19 and Neutrik terminations.
- Standard 2.0M and 3.0M lengths, custom lengths available.
- Construction: The conductors are in a parallel configuration with a slight rotational twist. This established technique remains the first line of defence against RFI and EMI rejection.
- Conductors: 3.0sqmm silver-plated Ohno Continuous Cast copper conductors offer a vastly superior level of purity compared with traditional OFC. Each conductor strand is of an innovative square-shaped configuration. The geometry and metallurgy used in this construction offers superb performance with extremely impressive electrical conductivity.
- Dielectric: Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) is chemically inert and has a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. FEP possesses a very high degree of stress crack resistance and a low coefficient of friction making it an exceptional dielectric. FEP is the first choice for safety in both temperature and electrical insulation.
- Filler: Cotton filler has been used to give the cable internal strength and reduce microphony. Cotton also possesses excellent dielectric properties, the best of any solid material.
- Wrap: A Mylar wrap is used to secure the construction and offer a barrier shield prior to the application of a flexible PVC jacket. The addition of the Mylar and cotton form a buffer with the PVC so as to maintain exceptional dielectric properties.
- Shield: An earthed OFC shield insures maximum RFI rejection, thus preventing common mode noise affecting the live and neutral conductors.
- Jacket: PVC is used as an outer jacket to give a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.
- Termination: The Optimum cable is terminated using IsoTek’s bespoke audiophile-grade connectors of solid OFC with 24ct gold-plated conductors. These offer the highest quality performance and are less prone to tarnish.