IsoTek offers a range of class leading power cables to accompany its range of advanced power conditioners and sine wave generators. Born from an ethos of only using the finest grade components and materials the new EVO3 power cables offer unrivalled performance and every level. All cables feature high purity copper which is then silver plated. Insulation or dielectric is of the highest grade FEP Teflon. Each cable, from the now multi-award winning Premier features solid copper 24ct gold termination. The new Isotek EVO3 Sequel power cable offers increased performance over IsoTek’s multi-award winning entry level EVO3 Premier, by featuring optimised conductor strand geometry and active shielding. Hailed by reviewers worldwide for breaking new ground at its price point, IsoTek’s entry level EVO3 Premier is a high performance, low-cost power cable that offers a realistic solution for anyone seeking an affordable upgrade over the freebie ‘kettle’ leads supplied with most audio and AV equipment. Now the Premier is joined by the new EVO3 Sequel, an upgraded but still highly affordable power cable offering a number of additional benefits. The Sequel comes in a standard length of 2m, compared to the Premier’s 1.5m. Like the Premier, it uses silver-plated oxygen-free copper conductors twisted together to aid EMI/RFI rejection, but in the Sequel the conductor geometry is improved with optimised thickness of the individual strands. The Sequel also incorporates more advanced ‘active’ shielding under its PVC outer sheath, to the same standard used in IsoTek’s more costly power cables.
- Construction: The conductors are in a parallel construction with slight rotational twist. This established technique remains the first line of defense against RFI and EMI rejection.
- Conductors: Silver plated 99.9999% OFC conductors offer an exceptional level of purity with enhanced conductivity. They are less likely to fracture or degrade over time. Silver is an excellent conductor and when combined with a high purity copper provides impressive electrical properties. The Sequel features 23 Silver plated 99.9999% OFC strands to form 2sq mm
- Dielectric: Teflon FEP dielectric (insulation) is chemically inert and has a very low dielectric constant over a wide frequency range. FEP possesses a very high degree of stress crack resistance and a low coefficient of friction making it an exceptional dielectric. FEP is the first choice for safety in both temperature and electrical insulation.
- Filler: Cotton filler has been used to give the cable internal strength and reduce microphony. Cotton also possesses excellent dielectric properties, the best of a solid material.
- Wrap: A mylar foil wrap is used with a grounded OFC shield prior to the application of a flexible PVC jacket. These form a buffer with the PVC so as to maintain exceptional dielectric properties. It has a built in faraday cage whereby the shield wire is connected to the mains plug earth and not the IEC.
- Jacket: PVC is used as an outer jacket to give a high degree of flexibility and mechanical strength.
- 24ct Gold Termination: The Sequel cable is terminated using IsoTek’s bespoke Audiophile grade moulded connectors of solid OFC with 24ct gold plated conductors. These offer the highest quality performance and will not tarnish.