Paradigm CI Pro P-80A Angled In-Ceiling Speaker (Each)
Made in Canada CI Pro Series – Angled for Home Theatre, 8″ Mid/Bass Driver
The CI PRO series is Crafted in Canada and takes performance to the next level with patented technology, step-up components, and hallmark Paradigm sound quality, plus a new bezel-free micro-perf grille with an incredibly discreet aesthetic.
Innovative Technology makes the Difference
REDUCED EDGE DIFFRACTION (RED) TECHNOLOGY
RED™ Technology (patent pending) is a die-cast aluminium tweeter housing that significantly reduces negative effects of diffraction while improving critical midrange frequencies. The irregular edges and off-center placement break up standing waves typically found around the woofer cone and tweeter housing of traditional designs. Additionally, the aluminium structure dissipates unwanted heat which increases power handling and allows a lower crossover frequency, improving sound and reducing distortion.
ADVANCED FEATURES FOR A SOLID & SECURE INSTALLATION
- Die-cast aluminum chassis, baffles (in-wall models only), and clamps add strength and rigidity for better bass and midrange, along with a more durable installation.
- NEW Rear Component Shielding protects internal parts from debris. The translucent polycarbonate material creates an installation that will not warp. Flat covers also make it easy to lie speakers down during the installation process without tipping.
- NEW Bezel-Free Micro-Perf Grilles.
- Pocketed screw holes help to hold the drill steady, making installation a snap.
- Magnetically attached grilles: neodymium magnets hold grilles firmly in place.
- Nickel-plated, spring loaded binding postsfeature a larger wire hole to accept higher-gauge wire or banana plugs.
- Premium-grade components include high-power rated resistors capacitors and heavy gauge wire inductors.
- In-ceiling round, 30°-Angled Guided Soundfield™(optional square grille).
- 1″ X-PAL™ tweeter with exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens and Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED™) Technology.
- 8″ mineral-filled polypropylene bass/midrange driver with overmolded ART™ surround and die-cast aluminum chassis.
- Bezel-Free Micro-Perf Grille.
A Behind-the-Ceiling Look at Paradigm’s Die-Cast Aluminium Clamps
Without any unnecessary pressure or force, each turn of the screwdriver turns the clamp. We show the starting point, we show the screwdriver working to turn the clamp, and finally, we show the speaker locked into place inside the wall or ceiling. It doesn’t get simpler or easier!
A Solid Installation
Paradigm’s high-strength die-cast aluminium chassis and clamp system address the flexibility problem that plagues all walls and ceilings. Chassis stiffness combats unwanted resonances and vibrations, and equally important, the new clamp design makes the installer’s job easier and faster! Simply push the speaker into the ceiling or wall and screw it in.
2-driver, 2-way in-ceiling, 30°-Angled Guided Soundfield™ System, SHOCK-MOUNT™ Isolation Mounting System, nylon-blended rigid baffle
2nd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz
±3 dB from 58 Hz – 22 kHz, 30° OFF-AXIS: ±3 dB from 58 Hz – 18 kHz
1″ (2.5cm) X-PAL™ dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED™) Technology, Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens
8″ (20.3cm) mineral-filled polypropylene cone, overmolded Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surround, die-cast aluminum chassis
93 dB / 89 dB
Power Range – 15-110 W
White, paintable grille, black/grey speaker
Cut-Out Dimensions – 11.4375″ (29.1cm) Diameter, Overall Dimensions – 12.625″ (32.1cm) Diameter 6.125″ (15.6cm) Depth