Q Acoustics 3020i Bookshelf Speakers – Were $649pr
The Q 3020i is a bookshelf or stand mount speaker designed to deliver beautiful sound.
Online & Store
The 3000i Series is an evolution of the 3000 Series, which has undergone a number of innovative improvements intended to bring about significant enhancements in both sonic performance and aesthetics from the already established and highly awarded range. The 3000i Series forms the core Hi-Fi loudspeaker offering from Q Acoustics. Coming from a fusion of both evolutionary and revolutionary thinking, the 3000i Series benefits from state-of-the-art speaker technology, as well as improvements to the cabinet construction. Every 3000i Series model is an outstanding, genuine Hi-Fi loudspeaker with models that can also be combined to deliver a fantastic home cinema sound. Beautiful to behold and available in three attractive finishes. The perfect soundstage for movies and music, at an impressive price point that will deliver a pure and uncoloured sound that will please even the most discerning audiophile.
The Ultimate Stereo Image
The purpose of an exceptional Hi-Fi system is quite simply to provide a musical experience in the home, which comes as close as possible to the real thing. The 3000i Series boasts a range of features that enable exactly that. Every detail from the cabinet enclosure to the drivers, to the pioneering ‘Concept’ technology has been commissioned to this range. The emphasis on advanced cabinet design principles that preserve the subtle sonic clues which enable the ear to perceive a solid 3D soundstage is evident. Careful component matching and exhaustive listening tests have meant that the partnering electronics will do nothing to detract from the sheer enjoyment garnered by the sense of intimacy in the performance.
Beautiful Inside & Out
The 3000i Series speakers are available in three finishes; English Walnut, Carbon Black or Arctic White. All are finished with an attractive chrome-finish bezel around each driver and feature magnetic speaker grilles, ensuring there is a finish perfect for your chosen listening room.
Leading Technology, Pioneering Innovation
At the heart of the 3000i Series is a wealth of technology to ensure these are a true step up from an already highly awarded series. P2P™ bracing has been introduced to help keep the enclosure extra quiet, HPE™ to eliminate sympathetic resonance, equalising air pressure within the cabinet and a 22mm High Frequency Driver with a micro-fibre soft dome with wide surround which helps to create a wide, even dispersion of stereo. Just a few of the many technologies employed to elevate the 3000i Series.
Q Acoustics P2P™ (Point to Point) bracing across the 3000i series supports the parts of the enclosure that need to be stiffened making the new enclosures exceptionally rigid, improving the focus of the stereo image and giving the soundstage more accuracy than ever before.
High-Frequency Driver Unit
3000i Series tweeters are decoupled from the baffle via a compliant suspension system. Vibrations from the woofer, which can impair the performance of the tweeter are isolated allowing the tweeter to perform with dramatically reduced interference.
Whichever 3000i model you choose the cone is precision formed from impregnated and coated paper and teamed with a newly developed, low-hysteresis, rubber surround. The coated paper cone provides the optimum balance between stiffness and self- damping which means it can accelerate without flexing and stop very accurately without unwanted resonances.
Q Acoustics 3020i
The Q 3020i is a bookshelf or stand mount speaker from Q Acoustics core loudspeaker offering, designed to deliver beautiful sound into your home, using the latest technological enhancements applied to the full 3000i series.
BIGGER, BOLDER SOUND FROM THE Q 3020I
The 3020i builds on the success of its multi award winning predecessor. Boasting 125mm (5 in) and 22mm (0.9 in) precision drivers, the Q 3020i speakers deliver deep bass and room-filling sound. The 3020i maintain the same acoustically optimal front profile but have been made slightly taller and deeper giving an overall cabinet size increase of 25%. This increased internal volume has enabled the Q 3020i to gain an extended low frequency response from the ported design so that more-than-ever the smaller enclosures in the range belie their diminutive stature with an impressively large-scale sound. The Q 3020i speakers can be shelf-mounted on compliant, pre-fitted rubber feet, stand-mounted or wall-mounted on optional, dedicated stands and brackets ensuring the Q 3020i fit seamlessly and fill your chosen listening room with bold, beautiful sound.
LEADING TECHNOLOGY ENSURING THE MOST OPEN SOUNDSTAGE
NEW LOW PROFILE BINDING POSTS
Conventional terminal panel cut-outs have been removed, giving greatly improved structural integrity to the enclosures and new low profile binding posts have been incorporated with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm (0.16 in) Banana Plugs. The speaker can be positioned very close to a rear wall even when banana plugs rather than spades or bare wires are used.
Q Acoustics 3020i Overview
- A cabinet as deep as it is high provides the listener with deep powerful bass from as small a frontal area as is possible to achieve.
- Foam bungs are provided for the rear-facing ports to help with less than ideal room positioning. The level of bass can be reduced to compensate, but definition and bass extension are increased.
- Conventional terminal panel cut-outs have been removed, giving greatly improved structural integrity to the enclosures and new low profile binding posts have been incorporated with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm (0.16 in) Banana Plugs.
Q Acoustics 3020i Key Features
- 25% larger cabinet than its predecessor delivering a larger scale sound and deeper bass
- P2P™ bracing – helps keep the enclosure extra quiet through computer aided placement of internal bracing
- Uses a 22mm decoupled High Frequency Driver with wide surround creating a wide even dispersion of stereo image
- Low Profile Terminals – recessed cut-out reduces cabinet noise and allows them to be close proximity to rear walls
- New low profile binding posts have been incorporated with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm (0.16 in) Banana Plugs
Q Acoustics 3020i Specifications
- Enclosure type: 2-way reflex
- Bass Unit: 125 mm (5 in)
- Treble Unit: 22 mm (0.9 in)
- Frequency Response (+3 dB, -6 dB): 64 Hz – 30 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ω
- Minimum Impedance: 4 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83 Vrms@1 m): 88 dB
- Stereo Amplifier Power: 25 – 75w
- AV Receiver (2 ch. driven): 50 – 125 W
- Crossover Frequency: 2.4kHz
- Effective Volume: 6.1 L (372 cu in)
- Dimensions W/H/D: 170 x 278 x 282 mm (6.7 x 10.9 x 11.1 in)
- Weight (per speaker): 5.5 kg (12.1 lbs)
What’s in the box?
- 2 x 3020i Bookshelf Speakers
- 2 x Foam Bungs
- 2 x Speaker Grilles
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Handling Gloves.
- 8 x Rubber Speaker Grips
Arctic White, Carbon (Black), English Walnut, Graphite Grey
65 Hz – 30 kHz (+3 dB, -6 dB)
22mm (0.9″) Soft Dome Tweeter
5″ Aramid Fibre Cone Driver
Q Acoustics 3020i