Includes 2 x Cambridge Audio Min12 Speakers and a Cambridge Audio X201 Subwoofer
THE WORLD’S BEST SMALL SPEAKER IS NOW EVEN BETTER
We all want speakers which complement our home or environment, but often this means having small, ‘thin’ sounding speakers which look good, but simply don’t deliver the best sound. The Min 12 and Min 22 speakers redefine what is possible from a compact speaker and solve this problem by being ultra-small and discreet, and at the same time delivering the sound quality of much larger, traditional box speakers.
4TH GENERATION BMR TECHNOLOGY
- BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) speaker technology is a revolutionary high-end solution using a single, flat panel to produce a wide bandwidth sound with exceptional dispersion
- BMR combines a flat NXT-type panel that with a conventional piston-like driver to provide excellent power handling across an ultra-wide range of frequencies
- The compact nature of the single BMR driver allows the internal cabinet volume to be used to excellent effect – even in a miniature enclosure
- Because the higher frequencies are produced by ‘vibration modes’ over the BMR’s entire surface , dispersion is exceptionally wide and instruments are reproduced much more realistically
The Min 12 measures just 8cm square, but thanks to its new and improved BMR driver, it produces power and refinement that defies its size.
EASY TO USE TERMINALS
Unlike many style speakers which use low quality spring clips or custom cabling, Minx offers universal connection to any home cinema receiver or amplifier with an ingenious speaker terminal design, which can be removed to support banana plugs.
For maximum placement flexibility each Minx satellite speaker can be mounted a number of different ways; they can sit on their own on any surface, or they can be mounted on adjustable floorstands, discrete table stands or pivoting wall mount brackets. So whatever your needs, there is a perfect way of integrating the Min speakers into your home.
THE PERFECT FINISH
Minx is finished to the highest possible standards in stunning white or black high gloss lacquers, using paint application techniques mastered in the premium car industry. Easy to clean, hard to scratch – Minx will look as amazing as it sounds for many years to come.
MATCH WITH A DIGITAL SUBWOOFER FOR THE FULL EFFECT
Complementing the satellite speakers are two new Minx subwoofers, each packed with cutting-edge technology. The 200 Watt X201 and the 300 Watt X301 subwoofers both feature forward firing drivers and state-of-the- art Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABRs) which deliver room-shaking punch and efficiency, despite their compact design. But critically, every Minx system sounds truly integrated for the purest sound whether you’re enjoying music, movies or gaming.
- Balance Mode Radiator (BMR) for full range performance and wide dispersion
- Small, discrete and stylish
- Truly versatile, works in any room and fits in any space – stand-mount, wall mount, or position on any surface
- Movies, music and more: Minx delivers great sound whether for the crashes and explosions in movies, for music and for gaming too.
- Minx’s modular system can be customised or added to, available in different sizes and colours, there is no limit to the combinations you can create.
MIN 12 SATELLITE SPEAKER SPECIFICATION
|Impedance:||8 Ohms compatible|
|Recommended amplifier power||25 – 200W *|
|Drive units:||1 x 2.25” BMR
1 x 2.25″ longthrow woofer
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||78 x 78 x 85mm (3.1 x 3.1 x 3.3”)|
|Finishes:||High gloss black
High gloss white
* Using a high powered amplifier lower down its volume scale results in lower distortion and better sound. Of course if you hear a distorted sound or mechanical ‘crack’ as the speakers hit their end stops, you are playing the speakers too loud and this may cause damage. With an AVR the Min12/22 speakers should be set to ‘small’ with a crossover frequency of 140Hz. In this configuration, power handling is considerable increased.
“You’ll be astounded by how effectively the speakers and subwoofer work together…where space is tight, the miniscule Minx fits the bill and sounds fabulous.”
Minx makes it on T3’s Greatest Gadgets Ever list! “It seems inconceivable that such small cubes, which are virtually invisible when dotted around, can fill a room as easily as they do.”
“Jamo and Tannoy have already set the bar very high in the compact speaker system market, but Cambridge Audio’s Minx S315 sails right over it. The power on offer from such diminutive speakers defies physics, while the thrilling dynamics, clear detail and punchy, potent bass create the illusion that there are much larger speakers in the room.”
“…ideal for kitting out even the smallest pad with big-room sound. A smart way to get kick-arse audio for films and music!”
United Kingdom – July 2011